Our Hobbit Hole.Com Forum Index Our Hobbit Hole.Com
Our Project to Build and Live in a Hobbit Hole

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Tolkein Inspired Developement....The Shire in Bend, Oregon

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Our Hobbit Hole.Com Forum Index -> Other Alternatives
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dallas

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 12:24 am    Post subject: Tolkein Inspired Developement....The Shire in Bend, Oregon Reply with quote

(My apologies if this is in the wrong Forum)

Here are some cool inspirations and a very wonderful community in the making:

Here is our Methusald inspired design:

And a few renderings of the Butterfly Cottage:

And my favorite, which will be in Shire Woods, The Great Hall:
Dallas

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 12:18 pm    Post subject: Oh it's so risky..... Reply with quote

The top picture in the post above is called the Thatcher's Cottage. My wife and I are about to buy it and we are scared to death. It is way out of our comfort zone. But life is a journey and I think we can make this work. We will be the first residents (other than the developer) in this community. We need your good thoughts and blessings this week.
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 7:26 pm    Post subject: Rendered Real Reply with quote

Thanks for posting the beautiful pictures! Even if they're not real, they're rendered so well that you can see that that real thing will be even more picturesque! Good luck in your new home, and I hope that things work out. Even if it's somewhat out of your comfort zone, there are so many intangible benefits to a home you enjoy that can't be valued accurately.
Dallas

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The top picture is real. and we are still struggling with the purchase. Seems the "jumbo" loan market is turned on its head this last week, and although our offer to purchase has been accepted, the banks are in a turmoil. More next week.

Funny, but I have faith, it will all work out...... Smile Smile Smile
Dallas

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, it is still happening, although I have begun to lose hope.....
In the meantime, the City of Bend has granted permits for The Swordsman
Dallas

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buy the way...(miss-spelling intended) We bought the top image in this thread yesterday. Wish us well....it is really scary.
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 8:14 pm    Post subject: Home Financing Reply with quote

Good luck, and may your home stay affordable! We bought our home right in the middle of the subprime market insanity with over 100% financing. Thankfully we re-financed both of our loans last year and locked in the rates so that they'll be within our budget for the next thirty years until they're paid off, though I plan to pay them both off sooner.

Keep us posted on how things are going... sorry to respond so late, but my life is pretty hectic right now.
Dallas

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, we are moving in...slowly. We decided to move our design office into the older smaller building...into the living room. We now have a small fireplace and divided lite windows everywhere. It's so much like going to camp...lodgy like...we've started calling it Camp Brandywine. It's snowed here once already. The seven computers are up and running...we are doing a new animation of the Great Hall in HD...with a Ferrari instead of a Buick. Over the next two weeks we will start moving my wife's sewing and quilting into the Cottage. She is very excited about that. Downsizing, downsizing...it is so difficult.

The developer of The Shire had given us a new project...the new smaller manufactured homes in North Shire. We are to model and animate them and "Shire-ize" them...make them look like early England...say Charles Dickens- like. The price point of these homes is hoped to be under $300k...a rarity here in Bend. We will keep you informed.
Dallas

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well the winter has been...well not toooooo bad. Had about 2 feet of snow at the worst and it is melted almost completely now. I've been wanting to take a picture of MY round door and get it posted here. Maybe this weekend. We have a new design coming online that is really quite good. It's a log....ummm...storybook home....for lack of a better adjective. That will be ready in a week or so. Happy trails.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Our Hobbit Hole.Com Forum Index -> Other Alternatives All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: